Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A BIRTHDAY 15 NOVEMBER....

So, post dentist...aw shucks it was nuthin'...only pain as we used to say in the Marines. Anyway, as usual I planted a mistake in the blog to see who would see it. 14 people spotted it, two of whom came from Devon. The name of the Montgomery Hotel used to be The Dolphin....
And so to the town meeting of some of the candidates for Police Commissioner. We in Devon vote tomorrow. So 15th November will be a great day for some...like some 65 year olds, who I am sure don't look their age...rather like me....yes, I belie my age after living a life of frugality, hardship..(pass the bucket) but wait, I haven't finished. Of careful dieting, like Chinese and Indian ta....Okay leave it at that.....and yes I have put on weight.....er...
Back to why I went to hear the candidates. Only one stuck out for me and he was Independent.......the Labour candidate ticked all the boxes, she was bright and clearly had the gumption to be a commissioner.
Christmas....do you quake with fear when you hear this word...In all my years I have never spent Christmas with my grandchildren. It isn't that I am persona non grata, I can see them whenever I like, in Southport or Hungerford,but not at Christmas...any other time yes..but Xmas is reserved for my ex..or the 'other' grandparents ...As someone so very dear to me once said...It's not fair.' Words forever burned into my conciousness....If only I could make amends...if only.
I could go to see the bankers in Jersey of course....or I could travel...I guess you could put that down to the gypsy in me, or rather as my DNA tells us, we are Immigrants from a district in Norway where the vikings built their little ships....Viking...yes..its odd isn't it, lots of people who hail from Liverpool have in their DNA, a little string which under the microscope spells out the word. SCOUSE and when archaeologists examined Viking ships they discovered an old Norse word...yes, you've guessed it.....scouse.

LES LUNT.COM 

No comments: