Monday, October 31, 2011

A little known fact about Adolf Hitler

In my book, The Ghosts of KG40 I had one of my characters say that Adolf Hitler was thought to have attended the art school in Liverpool sometime around 1912. When I attended the art school, (it was called Liverpool College of Art by then) there were still rumours that Hitler had at one time attended.
I have in my posession, a copy of the birth certificate of William Patrick Hitler who lived in Upper Stanhope St, Liverpool. showing he was born to Alois and Bridget Hitler, Alois was the half brother of Adolf.

Is it too much to surmise that Adolf came to Liverpool to see his brother, and his new nephew, and Bridget.?
The Ghosts of KG40 is not so much about ghosts but th elives of some of the bravest men whoever served to defeat Hitler. I mention a ghost at the art school in Liverpool in the main text. It was well known fact that the main lift in the old building was haunted. During the war, men and women firewatchers were based in the building to ensure that if any incendary bombs landed they would be quickly dealt with. Often they were disturbed by the lift moving up and down...with no one in it. It was always checked for electrical faults, none were ever found.
The Ghosts of KG40 mentions a pub favoured by the art students, Ye Cracke is just around the corner in street, it's a great pub..I even mention the fact that some say the ghost of John lennon is has beeb seen here. It's very likely I suppose for he often went there. (I can vouch for this as I was often there as well)!
How strange that on most mornings travelling to the art school, I would travel from Speke (Western Avenue) on the same bus as George Harrison whom I knew fairly well as I had bought my first motor bike off George's brother Harry. I also went to the the same primary school as Paul McCartney. Not that I knew him well, he lived a stones throw from myhouse in Goldfince Farm.
So, a little hsitory. Students should look deeper into the early life of one of the world's greatest tyrants, and if so, go liverpool, so much history is there waiting to be uncovered.
www.leslunt.com

No comments: